Saturday, January 14, 2012

Turkey Perky Jerky Review


  This week I am reviewing Turkey Perky Jerky "Ultra Premium Turkey Jerky" produced by the same people that make Perky Jerky (duh) which, as you may recall, got high marks from me on this blog for taste, but not much else (click here for that review). So, how does it stack up against it's beef big brother? Let's find out.

  Taste: I have to admit, the only other turkey jerky I've ever had is Jack Link's Turkey Jerky, which has a fantastic salty taste but not much else (read more about that here), so I was expecting something similar for the TPJ. Was I right? Oh, heck no, it seems like they tried to replicate the taste of the regular jerky but in the process created an overly sweet monster instead. I couldn't taste any spice and couldn't even finish the bag it was so bad. Really disappointing. 4 out of 10 Points.

  Edibility: Well, this is one area that they faithfully replicated the beef jerky, instead of keeping the fiber-like nature of turkey meat they managed to make it stringy and chewy just like it's beef counterpart. I didn't choke this time though so I'll only leave it at 0 points. +/- 0 Points.

  Packaging: Same issue as the beef jerky, bag doesn't reseal and that's a big no-no. -1 Point.

  Summary: Tries too hard to be something it's not and runs into the same problems as the jerky it tries to copy. 3 out of 21 Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment