Saturday, January 7, 2012

Archer Farms Caramel Cashew Trail Mix Review


  Yeah I missed a few weeks again, but we're both here now so leave me alone and just read the review already.

  But first, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am changing my scoring system a little bit, scores are now the following sum of numbers: Taste on a scale of 10, edibility accounting for up to another 10 points (in either direction) and packaging making up one point (also in either direction). So packaging will now require a fair amount effort to get that point from me. If I need to clarify more just ask in the comments. (Also, I will NOT be revising/updating old reviews with the new scoring system.)

  Anyway, on to the review...

  This week I am reviewing something a little different than the norm, it's Archer Farms Caramel Cashew Trail Mix. Not seemingly a "manly" snack until you realize trail mix is a great snack to bring while doing something outdoors like hiking, camping or bear-wrestling. 
  
  But first, a little about the brand and why you won't see it outside of a Target: Archer Farms is Target Corporation's in-store grocery brand, available at every Target store, just like Wal-Mart and Walgreens have their own brand (or brands). Also, in the spirit of full disclosure, I should state that Carmel Cashew is actually my favorite trail mix, ever, and has been for quite some time. But why do I hold it in such high regard? Read on.

  Taste: Where to begin? Well this is a trail-mix so I can start by listing what's in it: unsalted peanuts and cashews, M&M's and chocolate covered caramels. And that's it, nothing else, not a raisin in sight (thank god). How does it taste? Separately, everything tastes good. All together, it's AWESOME, it's sweet and nutty, and not at all oily. I really can't stress how good this is over a printed article, honestly you just have to try it yourself. My only complaint is that the cashews and peanuts aren't salted or honey roasted, but that's really a small complaint in the end. 9 out of 10 Points.

  Edibility: Aside from the chewiness of the carmel and the occasional piece of nut getting stuck, very easy to eat. 7 out of 10 Points.

  Packaging: Nice big bag, easy to read, reseals, not fancy but it works well. +/- 1 Points.

  In Summary: Tastes awesome, eats well and has good packaging, plus the bag it comes in is pretty big. 17 out of 21 points.

  Note: It also comes in a tub that's twice the size of the regular bag, there's no discernible difference between the two and so this also acts as the review for that as well.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew this product has been out for so long. This made me a target fan now. And my only target is to go to Target and get some more of these. Pleasant, and it makes a great snack for relaxing.

    ReplyDelete