Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jack Link's Sweet & HOT Jerky Review


  This week I am reviewing Jack Link's Sweet & HOT Beef Jerky, and I want to start by saying I am not a wimpy person. I will attempt to eat something if I know I like no matter how much hot sauce has been dumped on it (within reason). I've willingly drank Tabasco multiple time because "I felt like it" and I thought it'd clear out my stuffed-up nose. Why am I telling you this? Because when I tell you this is HOT jerky, I want you to know that this is not just "a little" hot, it's "turn your face red and make you sweat" hot (ok, not that hot, but close). But how is it otherwise? Read on.

  Taste Spiciness: Let's be honest, you don't eat something like this for taste. About the sweet part, I could only find a few hints of sweetness after searching for it specifically. Now the spiciness, on the other hand, I didn't need to search for, after two small bites I was already getting a little hot and after two more I needed a couple of pieces of plain jerky to cool off. Fantastic spiciness, but not really sweet. 8 out of 10 Points.

  Edibility: Not too chewy, not too tough, just a few inedible bits. Very good edibility. +8 Points.

  Packaging: Standard Jack Link's fare, not amazing enough to get a point but above average nonetheless. +/- 0 Points.

  Summary: Like I said "Fantastic spiciness, but not really sweet" and edibility isn't really a issue. 16 out of 21 Overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment